Remote work – a translator at lingy
Cooperation with us will ensure a continuous and convenient access to new translation orders, without having to source clients or face order limits.
Why should you work with us?
You can work from home any time that is convenient for you. Your remuneration will be paid every month.
lingy focuses on cooperation based on clearly-defined rules and dynamic development. If you would like to cooperate with us, check out our offer!
Translation jobs are assigned based on your specialisation and experience
PROJECTS MATCHING YOUR SKILLS
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can work whenever and wherever you want to
You decide what type of translation you want to complete choosing a project from a list of available orders
You don’t have to check if orders are available. You will receive an email notification once a new job is pending
Fill out the online form so we can get to know you better and complete language tests so we can assess your translation skills
EASY RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Our human-to-human philosophy ensures friendly and efficient cooperation
They make it possible to communicate and control translation orders through API
Remuneration depends on personal involvement; you can choose your areas of specialisation from the available ones; you can accept projects that match your specialisation and you can also verify your skills in any other field, while improving your translation abilities
Multi-channel communication with our Translation Team Leader and Customer Service Department through live chat, telephone or email
Translators gain access to CAT tools that speed up and simplify work
CAT TOOLS AND TRANSLATION MEMORY
Each translator can also join our partnership programme and earn even more on referrals.
Find out more here.
1. How can I become a lingy translator?
- If you are interested in cooperating with lingy, please register through this our form
2. What requirements should be met by our Translators?
We operate on the basis of the ISO PN-EN 17100:2015 translation standard. Due to the above, all of our Translators should present the following:
- A university degree in foreign languages or linguistics, or
- A university degree and documented 2-year experience in translation, or
- At least 5 years of experience in translation documented
3. What does the recruitment process involve?
- What are the payment terms?- We offer settlements based on rates per word
- A summary of the payments and the generated invoices can be found in the Translator’s Account
- All payments for the previous month are made throughout the following month, from the first to the last day.
4. What are the payment terms?
- We offer rates per word
- The summary of the payment and invoices are generated and visible in the Translator Account
- All payments are made by the 15th day of the month collectively, for the entire settlement period (previous month)
5. What cooperation form is offered by lingy?
We cooperate with freelance translators and other translation agencies. The agreement ensures that both, individuals and businesses, can provide services to lingy
Individual – an individual translator concludes a cooperation agreement with lingy and takes over the responsibility of paying tax to the applicable Revenue Office
Company – concludes a cooperation agreement with lingy, and depending on the company status, the VAT is settled with the applicable Revenue Office
6. Where can I find information about using the service?
- when your account is active, you will obtain access to all training materials in the Translator Account, regarding use of the service and our CAT tool.
7. What does the translation process look like?
Step 1. Notification
- you will receive an email with information about a new job - New order information will be available in the Translator Account
Step 2. Accepting or rejecting the order
Step 3. Order processing
- each order has a deadline
- if the files are editable, translation is completed in our CAT tool
- the translated files are uploaded to your Translator Account
- your translation is rated by the customer
8. What types of translations are offered?
We offer written translations that can be ordered with additional verification made by a translator or detailed proofreading made by a native speaker; proofreading only, certified translations, interpreting as well as translations of telephone calls
9. What areas of specialisations are offered by lingy?
Advertising / Marketing
Art / Architecture
Automotive / Aerospace
Construction / Civil Engineering
CulinaryCV / Cover letter
Education / AcademicEU / Grants
Finance / Business / Forex
History / Archaeology
Internet / Startups
Journalism / Media
Legal / Contracts
Literature / Publishing
Medical / Pharmaceutical
Movies / Music
Religion / Theology
Software / ITSport / Fitness
Technical / Engineering
Technologies / Innovations
Tourism / TravelTransport / Shipping
Web / App / Game Localization
First Floor, 59 Coton Road
United Kingdom, CV11 5TS
The controller of personal data is LINGY LTD, First Floor, 59 Coton RoadNuneaton, Warwickshire, United Kingdom, CV11 5TS, VAT ID GB 258 8163 69, registered in Companies House under the number 10191556.
In matters concerning personal data you can contact the Data Controller by e-mail: email@example.com and by phone: +44 20 8190 0332.
For more information on the processing of personal data, please visit: https://lingy.uk/privacy-policy/